As much as we don’t like to admit it, aging changes a lot about our health. We’re not as strong as we used to and there will even come a time when something as simple as changing clothes and taking a bath will be difficult for us.
Fortunately, with the assistance of a home health care provider and home health aides, seniors can get the care they need to live their best life even in old age.
Here are some of the benefits of talking with home health agencies in Palm Beach, Florida for health aide services.
- You can get help in managing your health at the comfort of your own home.
- You receive focused and customized care from professionals.
- You can spend time with your loved one and have more freedom to move.
- Your health outcomes will significantly improve and you recover faster.
- You retain your independence and gain a trusted companion.
Home health care in Florida provides plenty of benefits that are not limited to the abovementioned. Aside from home health aides, home health care also offers skilled nursing services, physical therapy, and medical social worker services.
If you’re interested to know more about our home health aide and home care services, contact Active Home Health Care today.
Diabetes is often a concern for the aging community. So this New Year is a good time to look back and reflect on your health care habits – especially your diabetes management routine. Doing so will help you achieve your health goals and live a longer life.
Here are some New Year’s resolutions you should consider to take control of diabetes.
- Regularly keep in contact with your physician.
Seniors with diabetes often neglect meeting with their healthcare providers due to various reasons. However, this new year, you should resolve yourself to do it as often as your doctor suggested. Generally, seniors who are receiving home health care in Florida and are managing their diabetes well, only need to meet with their provider 2-3 times a year.
- Quit or tone down your unhealthy habits.
If you smoke or drink excessively, now’s the time to quit. We know it’s not easy, but taking small steps towards quitting is better than not starting at all. Seek help from your loved ones and professionals. That way, you can stay motivated throughout your journey.
- Develop healthy and realistic health goals.
One of the reasons why many fail to reach their health goals is that they set lofty goals from the very beginning. If you’re just starting, your goals should be realistic and something you can accomplish. It could be something as simple as eating more vegetables and taking a 30-minute walk every day.
If you need help in managing your diabetes and your health, talk to us at Active Home Health Care. We provide a wide range of home care services such as skilled nursing, medical nutritional therapy, and many others.
Looking for home health agencies in Palm Beach, Florida? Call us!
Due to the increasing popularity of home health care in Florida, there’s a high chance that you’ve heard about it or even considered it for yourself or an aging loved one.
If you are wondering whether home care is right for you or not, here are some reasons that may convince you.
- Home health services provide seniors the support they need while encouraging their independence.
- It provides seniors access to skilled nursing services. Not only does it ensure that their medical needs are met but it also reduces their trips to the hospital.
- It can reduce the risk of dangerous drug interactions by ensuring that seniors are taking the right medications at the right time.
- It provides seniors quality medical services and companionship at the same time.
- It provides seniors with an individualized care plan. Because of this, seniors receiving home health care services have comparably better health outcomes.
Are you looking for home health agencies in Palm Beach, Florida that you can trust? Look no more! Active Home Health Care is here to serve.
We provide high-quality home health care services that are focused on building meaningful relationships and providing unique and skilled care. Talk to us to learn more.
Physical therapy is often offered as a part of home health care in Florida and you may be wondering why. Well, that’s because physical therapy plays an important role in senior wellness, especially following a hospitalization.
Remember that weak feeling right after getting hospitalized? Physical therapy can help with that. It can help you recover your strength and mobility, so you’re less likely to slip and fall. Aside from these, physical therapy can benefit you in the following ways.
- Physical therapy can help prevent stroke, cancer, and diabetes. If you have chronic illnesses, it can also help with symptom management.
- Physical therapy can reduce your likelihood of getting infections (i.e. ulcers) associated with lack of movement.
- Physical therapy, together with home care, can greatly improve your independence and help you take control of your life.
- Physical therapy can boost your mood and improve your mental health.
If you’re looking for home health agencies in Palm Beach, Florida that provide high-quality physical therapy and home care services, call us.
Active Home Health Care is a home health care provider that offers a wide range of services designed for your improved health and wellbeing. Whether you need physical therapy, rehabilitation services, or home health aide services, give us a call.